- Management Skills in Airline Operations, including;
- Stress Management Techniques;
- Time Management;
- Challenging Conversations;
- Developing Situational Awareness in Others;
- Employee Appraisals & Staff Performance;
- Resource Management;
- Airport Operations;
- Airspace Management;
- Develop, Implement and Manage SLA/SOPs for Internal and External Customers;
- Develop and Implement Emergency Response Plans;
- Applying Compliance Monitoring Processes to Reduce Risk and Encourage Continuous Improvement within your team.
Operations Management Apprenticeship L4
Aviation Operations Manager
The Operations Managers Level 4 modules include:
This course is aimed at new Shift Managers or Supervisors looking to progress into a DOM position.
18 – 24 Months (recommended)
£7000 + VAT
Your coursework will be sent for a final assessment which is completed by an independent organisation.
Support through the transition from being a Controller to a Supervisor or Manager, in accordance with EASA Management Criteria.
Supports the organisation to develop their employees into their full potential as Managers.
Duty Operations Manager